Book your cycling weekend in the Douro until the 15th of December to get a free registration to ride the biggest road cycling event in Portugal.
In May of 2017, the Douro will again be the center stage for the Love Tiles Douro Granfondo. And we wouldn't dare to miss it!
Friendship is Love Tiles Douro Granfondo's theme for 2017, which seems to fit the feeling our participants get after visiting and riding by the Douro valley for a cycling weekend, topped off by this great event! For 2017, the bar is raised up to 4000 cyclists and you can expect all the previous events had – stunning landscapes, three different and challenging courses suitable for everybody, emotion, parallel activities, gifts and surprises.
We will again be organizing a cycling weekend in the Douro region ( check the link ), from the 5th to the 7th of May, in which you'll be able to participate in the Douro Granfondo, Mediofondo or Minifondo, in a three day cycling packed adventure. Besides being able to participate in daily guided bike tours from friday to sunday, you'll also get to visit local wine farms and cellars, experience the Douro's wonderful gastronomy in two group dinners and enjoying the pro like experience with a private briefing before the event and mechanical assistance througout the weekend. And you can share this experience with other cycling enthusiasts at Quinta do Vallado, a sophisticated wine hotel just 2 km away from the starting line of the Granfondo.
What's included in our three day guided cycling weekend for the Douro Granfondo?
Duration: Three days
Dates: 5th to 7th of May 2017
- Registration for the Douro Granfondo Cycle Sportive (Minifondo, Granfondo or MedioFondo distance) - free upon booking of this experience until 15th of December 2016
- Transfers from/to hotel to the competition and to/from all experiences during your stay;
- 2 nights in wine hotel in Peso da Régua, in shared accommodation, with breakfast included, at the charming Quinta do Vallado, right next to the race start;
- 2 dinners at Quinta do Vallado, suited for cyclists;
- Private briefing, one day before the event, by experienced local riders;
- Mechanical bike support on the previous days to the race, with bike fit and bike assembly;
- Nutrition and hydration during all bike rides;
- Up to two bike rides in the Douro region, discovering iconic view points and wine farms;
For more info and to book this tour, click on the link: Douro Granfondo Sportive and don't forget to book this experience until December the 15th 2016 to benefit from a free registration in this amazing event! Other discounts apply when booking an experience for two or more cyclists. See you there!
Intrigued about what's it like to cycle in the Douro? Check out the links below and see for yourself:
Describe what and how you want to explore Portugal on a bike and let our consultants suggest the best options for you: